Blogging the road 2 Timbuktu
Trinidad Carnival and Water Safari
Join us this February for an unforgettable Caribbean experience. More than just a trip to catch some winter sun, our fantastic break takes in the best of the Trinidad Carnival and a Water Safari to boot.
From 6th to 20th February we are leading a trip to Trinidad and Tobago, a stunning destination, beautiful all year round, but particularly outstanding during Carnival. This is Carnival at its best, where the island goes topsy turvy for a little while and carries on the tradition of letting one’s hair right down before the dry days of Lent.
So - jump up to the Soca music, splash yourself with colour and mud, “wine and lime” with the fun-loving locals and immerse yourself in pure celebration. It is the perfect winter break for groups of friends and couples alike. Never mind a meal for two in your local - why not spend your Valentine’s Day on a paradise island that is positively rocking with the sheer energy and joy of it all?
Highlights of the trip include:
- Arrival and 2 days spent in relaxing, alluring Tobago.
- Grand Riviere Trinidad, on a beach where Giant Leather-Backed turtles lay eggs.
- The world’s best Caribbean party! Being at the heart of Carnival celebrations and dancing ‘til dawn.
- Water, water everywhere –snorkelling, diving, watersports, rivers and waterfalls.
- Kayaking through mangrove swamps.
- Free time to explore and complete an optional PADI diving course.
Prices start from £2350 per person, including UK return flights, or US$2950 not including flight, plus all accommodation (in guest houses and 3-4 star hotels), transport, guide fees and activities fees. Not including food and drink. 4-day PADI diving course cost £350 or US$550. The itinerary is partially flexible so your trip can be tailored to accommodate your requirements.